Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Edenborg + Tapir Agency = NOT True!

UPDATE, SEPTEMBER 2021: 


UNFORTUNATELY, THE FOLLOWING IS NOT ANYMORE TRUE, BECAUSE TAPIR AGENCY HAS PUT DOWN ITS BUSSINESS, SO FOR THE MOMENT I'M WITHOUT AN AGENT. 


I am delighted to announce that I have become on of the horses in the stable at Tapir Literary Agency, run by Johan Almqvist from his office in San Fransisco: https://tapiragency.com/

The whole of my writing – backlist, present and forthcoming – is forthwith represented in and outside Sweden by Tapir. The only exceptions are the theatre plays, where Margareta Petersson will continue to be my agent.

I have waited some years before finding a new agent. My last one, Hedlund Agency, told me surprisingly in the spring of 2014 that they didn't like my novel The Alchemist's Daughter and advised me to find another agent. Possibly, they regretted this when the novel later that year was nominated for the prestigious August Prize. 

My last seven years have seen a windling trail of essays, reviews, translations, theatre plays, short stories, exhibitions, interviews, artist's books, prefaces &c. Most are published but the plays are waiting for the pandemic. And one large project have been waiting for me since 2015 to finish it: a new novel. I did this in February:

Like my two last ones, it's a historical piece, taking place in Sweden, London & Paris during the decadent late 19th century. What starts out as a childish, innocent love story in a small mining village, quickly develops into a Bonnie & Clydeish, blood-spattered frenzy. 

The wild ride includes morphinism, pyromania, the homosexual detective Michel Lupin of the Paris police, hysteria, August Strindberg, folies-à-deux, Jack the Ripper, angels, Krafft-Ebing, sexual/literary role-playing, suicide, artful murder and other spicy ingredients which I hope will hold the interest of even the most blasé I've-seen-it-all reader.


Please feel free to follow Tapir and myself on dissocial media for the latest news on this adventure:

Tapirwww.facebook.com/TapirLiteraryAgency / www.instagram.com/tapiragency/ / twitter.com/tapiragency

Edenborgwww.instagram.com/cmedenborg / twitter.com/Edenborgwww.facebook.com/edenborgserotiskanoveller

No comments:

Post a Comment